Posted on 22 Comments

Second Challenge – Mantra Swirl

For the second challenge we were assigned the mantra swirl.  There are several ways of doing this swirl with the modified version being the easiest to cut so I chose to try that one.  The challenge proved to be even more difficult for me than the peacock swirl however I am not going to post all my failures.  The problem was mostly that my soap became too thick too quickly.  I finally got one to allow me enough time to work by adding a little more water to my recipe.  The colors I chose were based on a Design Seed pallet with a cute green and orange frog.  I used Crafter’s Choice Ginger Orange FO from Wholesale Supplies Plus.  I think I will name the soap Kermit.

Colors selected
Colors selected
The mold is ready and soap batter mixed with the colors
The mold is ready and soap batter mixed with the colors
Ready to cure
Poured and ready to cure
Cured and cut
Cured and cut

The swirl on the inside of the soap didn’t turn out quite like I envisioned but on a positive note I did get the colors I wanted.

Once again I had a lot of fun trying something that I had not done before.  I used different colors for each of the failed soaps so I got to try out a lot of the samples I ordered from TKB and The Conservatory.

And thank you Amy for putting together another “challenge”.

OBTW: I know you are not supposed to have to line silicone molds but this particular one gives me fits so I line it.  I used this mold because the little side flaps made it easier to anchor the dividers.