For the second challenge we were assigned the mantra swirl. There are several ways of doing this swirl with the modified version being the easiest to cut so I chose to try that one. The challenge proved to be even more difficult for me than the peacock swirl however I am not going to post all my failures. The problem was mostly that my soap became too thick too quickly. I finally got one to allow me enough time to work by adding a little more water to my recipe. The colors I chose were based on a Design Seed pallet with a cute green and orange frog. I used Crafter’s Choice Ginger Orange FO from Wholesale Supplies Plus. I think I will name the soap Kermit.
The swirl on the inside of the soap didn’t turn out quite like I envisioned but on a positive note I did get the colors I wanted.
Once again I had a lot of fun trying something that I had not done before. I used different colors for each of the failed soaps so I got to try out a lot of the samples I ordered from TKB and The Conservatory.
And thank you Amy for putting together another “challenge”.
OBTW: I know you are not supposed to have to line silicone molds but this particular one gives me fits so I line it. I used this mold because the little side flaps made it easier to anchor the dividers.