Posted on Leave a comment

First Peacock Swirl – I got warts!

Well I tried the peacock swirl for Amy’s challenge and everything went great.  I was so very organized (for me) and took lots of photos to show you.  I’ll include some.  The first below shows my brand new soap mold — I made it!  Very proud of that.


Lots of colors out to choose from.  Finally decided to go with the colors that would look most like a peacock.  Here are the colors mixed and another pic of the soap in the bottles with a few lines pouredImage.


Got it swirled and it looked pretty good to me.  See:


I decided to put it in the oven for what is known as CPOP (cold process oven process).  The heat is supposed to make the colors pop.  The way it works is you set your oven as low as it will go.  For mine that was 170 F. You leave it for about 30 minutes to an hour than turn the heat off and let the soap stay in the oven over night.  Okay so when I go to turn the oven off, I peaked.  OH NO.  There were bubbles on top of the soap.  When I took it out of the oven, my soap had ugly warts.


I was very disappointed to say the least.  After I cut it, I planed the soap and was able to salvage it.  Those who don’t read this blog will never know there was a problem with the soap.


The one on the left looks great after a visit to the planer.  I am happy to say the rest now look good too.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *